The Great Lighthouse of the Blue Island


 

The lighthouse situated on Capri's southwestern Punta Carena, known by locals as 'il Faro', is one of the oldest in Italy. Building was commenced in 1862 and its light was turned on for the first time on 1 December 1867. In summer, the cove is transformed into a popular beach-side lido where sun revellers savour fresh seafood whilst gazing out to the isle of Ischia.